In reviewing the plugin’s website and description, this seems like a feature-rich system. NOPE. It has so many limitations you won’t believe it. Documentation isn’t available until AFTER you install the plugin, so there’s no way to know if it’s going to work for your needs until AFTER you’re working with it. And YES, there is an API… but it doesn’t help with some of the simplest isseus.
Here’s a non-exhaustive list of what this plugin can NOT do:
- Sort events by multiple filters: Currently the ONLY way to sort events is category. But a second searchable/filterable/sortable option seems only logical. Why can’t I sort events by category AND location???? (They suggest having TONS of categories just to accommodate every location. NOT an acceptable work-around.)
- Load more than one shortcode per page.
- Paginate the directory listing page.
- Sort members by anything other than one category.
- Control what loads on the membership “cards.” Right now all it shows is a big rectangle with a name. VERY BORING AND UNATTRACTIVE.
- Display members in a list, rather than those big awkward “cards.”
- Alphabetize category lists. They’ll display in whatever order you create them. Period.
The ONLY bright spot is the support. Email support answered typically in 24-48 hours.
I am SO DONE with this system. I’ll be looking elsewhere from now on.
- The topic ‘Inflexible system with lots of limitations’ is closed to new replies.