A few months ago I took over a community blog and everything worked fine those first few times. After a busy month of server and community work I realized that our homepage feed was broken with the following error message
Error: Feed failed! Causes may be (1) No data found for RSS feed http://www.spirit.yfma.com/feed; (2) There are no items are available for this feed; (3) The RSS feed does not validate.
Since wordpress appeared to still be functional I figured I would write an entry to awknowledge the issue, but when I submitted the post it didn’t appear on the wordpress page or feed. After some checking I found that the post was dated Dec 14th 1999; however the wordpress options for “Date and Time” reads 2007.
Sorry, after reading your post I did some checking and found that the main page uses a 3rd party plugin. I’ll have to track down the site author.
The timestamp for the post reads 2007 (same as the settings). I clicked “Edit Timestamp” but left the date the same, I had to re-publish it but it ultimately corrected itself. I have no idea where the year 1999 is coming from.