I recently set up a company blog. Our hosting company installed WordPress 2.2.3 for us and then offered to upgrade to version 3 (for a fee, of course). I’ve been doing the incremental upgrades and managed to get up to 2.6.5. Any higher than that and I run into this problem:
1. I cannot access the main page of the blog. I get this browser message: “Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.”
2. I can access the admin panel.
3. I can access individual blog posts through the admin panel
4. However, clicking ‘view site’ at the top of the panel doesn’t do any good.
I have tried installing 2.7 and 2.8 to see if this is specific to the release. I’ve erased cookies, renamed the .htaccess files, shut off my plugins, and switched my theme back to default. What have I not done yet?
- The topic ‘Incremental upgrade from 2.2.3 to 2.7.1, can't access main page’ is closed to new replies.