• Resolved scarpinoc

    (@cecofuli)


    Hello,
    unfortunately, your plug is not fully compatible with WMPL
    I want to explain:

    #1. I have a page with Row Layout. I will write something in ITA
    #2. I will translate with WPML in ENG: great, it works.
    #3. The day after, I want to make some changes to the ITApage. DONE
    #4. The, I will press “update” button on the WMPL plug-in. Boom!
    #5. In the ENG page, I see the new text in ITA I wrote 5 minutes ago.

    If I disable your plug-in and I write a simple text, everything works well…

    Here a video, it’s in Italian, but you will be able to understad the video

    Is it a bug?

    Thank you ^__^

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hey,
    WPML developers have actually told me they are still working out issues with Gutenberg and have bugs. I’ve asked them about these issues and I’ve offered to help but they say they still have internal things that have to be fixed which are creating the issues.

    Ben

    Hello Ben,

    yes…I see.. It-s almost impossible to work with WPML and Gutenber. Every time you try to update the main language page, WPML delete your translation…
    I-m doing a lot of test and you are right> it-s not your plug/in.
    Also with other Gutenberg advanced block I have the same issue.
    Unfortunately, I-m thinking to go with Elementor…

    Hi, I am experiencing similar issues with WPML, it also scares up formatting for tabs and for other nested blocks.

    It works when you don’t use the WPML translation editor, you can switch to use the Gutenberg editor. When you first create your translation, you duplicate the content from the original language to the translated language and then translate in the new language. You’ll have to maintain the pages separately, though.

    Hope they will fix that soon, my issue has been open for nearly two months now.
    Andreas

    Hi,
    Good news, WPML has finally fixed the error in their 4.2.2 version – works for me in combination with WP 5.1. I consider the issue resolved…

    To make translation more convenient, you may want to provide a WPML-config.xml – I’ve given it a stab and that works for me – see below for details:

    <gutenberg-block type=”kadence/spacer” translate=”0″></gutenberg-block>
    <gutenberg-block type=”kadence/rowlayout” translate=”0″></gutenberg-block>
    <gutenberg-block type=”kadence/column” translate=”0″></gutenberg-block>
    <gutenberg-block type=”kadence/icon” translate=”0″></gutenberg-block>
    <gutenberg-block type=”kadence/tab” translate=”0″></gutenberg-block>
    <gutenberg-block type=”kadence/accordion” translate=”0″></gutenberg-block>
    <gutenberg-block type=”kadence/advancedheading” translate=”1″>
    <xpath>//div/h1</xpath>
    <xpath>//div/h2</xpath>
    <xpath>//div/h3</xpath>
    <xpath>//div/h4</xpath>
    <xpath>//div/h5</xpath>
    <xpath>//div/h6</xpath>
    </gutenberg-block>
    <gutenberg-block type=”kadence/advancedbtn” translate=”1″>
    <xpath>//div/a/span</xpath>
    </gutenberg-block>
    <gutenberg-block type=”kadence/tabs” translate=”1″>
    <xpath>//li/a/span</xpath>
    </gutenberg-block>
    <gutenberg-block type=”kadence/infobox” translate=”1″>
    <xpath>//div/h1</xpath>
    <xpath>//div/h2</xpath>
    <xpath>//div/h3</xpath>
    <xpath>//div/h4</xpath>
    <xpath>//div/h5</xpath>
    <xpath>//div/h6</xpath>
    <xpath>//div/p</xpath>
    </gutenberg-block>
    <gutenberg-block type=”kadence/pane” translate=”1″>
    <xpath>//button/div/span</xpath>
    </gutenberg-block>

    An updated version of the config file – for what it’s worth…
    (this issue can be marked as resolved)

    <gutenberg-block type=”kadence/spacer” translate=”0″></gutenberg-block>
    <gutenberg-block type=”kadence/rowlayout” translate=”0″></gutenberg-block>
    <gutenberg-block type=”kadence/column” translate=”0″></gutenberg-block>
    <gutenberg-block type=”kadence/icon” translate=”1″>
    <xpath>//div/a/@href</xpath>
    </gutenberg-block>
    <gutenberg-block type=”kadence/tab” translate=”0″></gutenberg-block>
    <gutenberg-block type=”kadence/accordion” translate=”0″></gutenberg-block>
    <gutenberg-block type=”kadence/advancedheading” translate=”1″>
    <xpath>//div/h1</xpath>
    <xpath>//div/h2</xpath>
    <xpath>//div/h3</xpath>
    <xpath>//div/h4</xpath>
    <xpath>//div/h5</xpath>
    <xpath>//div/h6</xpath>
    </gutenberg-block>
    <gutenberg-block type=”kadence/advancedbtn” translate=”1″>
    <xpath>//div/a/span</xpath>
    <xpath>//div/a/@href</xpath>
    </gutenberg-block>
    <gutenberg-block type=”kadence/tabs” translate=”1″>
    <xpath>//a[@class=”kt-tab-title”]</xpath>
    </gutenberg-block>
    <gutenberg-block type=”kadence/infobox” translate=”1″>
    <xpath>//div/h1</xpath>
    <xpath>//div/h2</xpath>
    <xpath>//div/h3</xpath>
    <xpath>//div/h4</xpath>
    <xpath>//div/h5</xpath>
    <xpath>//div/h6</xpath>
    <xpath>//div/p</xpath>
    <xpath>//div/a/@href</xpath>
    </gutenberg-block>
    <gutenberg-block type=”kadence/pane” translate=”1″>
    <xpath>//span[@class=”kt-blocks-accordion-title”]</xpath>
    </gutenberg-block>

    Thanks I’ll add to the next update.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Incompatily with WPML’ is closed to new replies.