Support » Plugin: Remove Uppercase Accents » incompatible with specific theme and woocommerce

  • Resolved dzamanakos

    (@dzamanakos)


    Hi, i’ve noticed that when the plugin is active with woocommerce and bridge theme (and i’ve seen it before in another theme that i cant remember it’s name) the “ship to a different address” does not store the data entered.
    During order no js or php errors are recorded to log files.

    best regards,

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Plugin Author Giorgos Sarigiannidis

    (@gsarig)

    Hi,

    It sounds like a strange problem. The plugin simply strips the accents with JavaScript – it shouldn’t mess with the submission process. Since Bridge is a paid theme outside the WordPress.org repository, I’m afraid that I can’t do much to test it.

    I suggest that you try this plugin, which might work better with your configuration.

    Hi, i thought that was strange too, as when i started disabling plugins in order to find out what caused the problem, i’ve disabled yours last, as i didnt think that it would cause the problem.
    The other plugin that you suggest is 5 years old without updates, i’ll try if its still compatible.
    If you wish i can give you access to a temp installation or send you a copy of the theme in order to check it (dont think that the developer will have a problem to install it in a testing env to debug).
    best regards,

    Plugin Author Giorgos Sarigiannidis

    (@gsarig)

    @dzamanakos Hi,

    Today I took the time to investigate the issue a bit further and found that when the “ship to a different address” title has a text-transform: uppercase on the CSS it will behave the way you described. I tried it with Storefront, which initially worked fine. As soon as I added uppercase on its CSS, it broke.

    If you still haven’t found an alternative solution, you can try replacing the plugin’s current js/jquery.remove-uppercase-accents.js with that one: https://pastebin.com/hFAT6KbG
    Practically, it will disable the plugin for the specific element and keep it everywhere else. If you try it, let me know if it works for you.

    Update to 0.5.1 should solve this issue.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘incompatible with specific theme and woocommerce’ is closed to new replies.