Incompatibility between plugin and theme or something else?
I will try to explain as well as I can our problem. It’s been happening for some months.
When we create a new page and want to use the backend editor (Visual Composer), some weird things happen, like ghost text blocks, duplicated items… If you work with the classic editor, everything is fine, the shortcodes work fine.
We are using Porto theme and Visual Composer and I contacted both support teams. Both of them said that the problem was the other one. So I have been troubleshooting by myself.
In the beginning I thought that it was a incompatibility problem, so I tried:
– Disactivate all the plugins and see if it works.
– I update everything, both plugins and theme.
– To avoid possible code modifications between Porto and VC, I tried to reinstall both in different orders: VC -> Porto, Porto -> VC, Porto -> VC (with Porto plugin management page)…
– I downgrade both to some older versions.
Nothing worked for me. Desperately, I tried to create a new installation with only the theme, VC and the required plugins of the theme. It worked perfectly, but when I tried this in the running version, it didn’t work.
So if in a fresh installation works, I think that there is no incompatibility between them and that the problem must be something in my WordPress files.
Is this correct? What can I do to continue troubleshooting? I don’t want to start the web again because it’s quite big, with a lot of users…
Thanks in advance. Regards.
- The topic ‘Incompatibility between plugin and theme or something else?’ is closed to new replies.