I am installing a wordpress site:
1. install a default WordPress site or backup the existing data on your server
2. copy the wp-content folder to the root folder of your WordPress site on your server
3. replace all instances of http://SITEURL in the .sql file with your real site URL and save the .sql file
4. import the database from the .sql file (please note that when importing all your existing data will be replaced with the data from the .sql file)
5. the admin panel access will be reset to user: admin password: admin
these were my directions.
I did # 4 via the phpmyadmin widget.
My theme is installed, but not populated and it is showing up file not found everywhere.
- The topic ‘Imported database, not showing up.’ is closed to new replies.