WordPress.org

Forums

TablePress
[resolved] import a three column table false table column sorting (4 posts)

  1. Monika
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    I tried to import a csv file
    table had three columns and a couple of rows.

    there are really no blank lines in this file
    but the imported table shows me the columns in a false order

    the original table looks like:
    topic user friends
    xyz 2 4
    abc 100 300
    hui ok super

    the imported table shows me:
    (empty cellsbut I only describe it with "empty" ;)

    topic user friends
    empty 2 empty
    xyz 100 4
    abc empty 300
    empty ok super
    hui empty empty

    if I import this file at table reloaded it works fine
    OS:WinXP Office 2007 => this are the preferred workstations of my customers ;);)

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/tablepress/

  2. TobiasBg
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 2 years ago #

    Hi Monika,

    thanks for your post, and sorry for the trouble.
    I'm not really sure what the error is, but my assumption is that it is related to character encoding of the file. Wrong character encoding can cause the data to fail when it is encoded to the internally used storage format (JSON), and thus cells appear to be empty.

    If possible, I'd like to take a direct look. Can you therefore please email me the XLS and the CSV file, if possible both in ZIP archive, to prevent our email programs from messing with them? My address is in the main plugin file tablepress.php.
    I'll then gladly take a look and try to find out what's wrong there.

    Regards,
    Tobias

  3. Monika
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    thanks Tobias
    I've sent this email the last second ;) from
    mts texto de

  4. TobiasBg
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 2 years ago #

    Hi,

    just for everybody reading this:

    I have worked with Monika on this, and we found that the character encoding of the file was not UTF-8. Changing it to UTF-8 in (for example) Notepad works as a work-around.

    Additionally, I have tested a fix that makes manual conversion of the encoding no longer necessary, and that will be part of the next version of TablePress.

    Best wishes,
    Tobias

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

  • TablePress
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Support Threads
  • Reviews

About this Topic