ok so, i have a property listing website which is pulling in an xml feed using WP All Import. My property images are uploading to wordpress, and have been doing daily for the past 4 months.
Today, none of my images (only on properties) display. The images are there and attached to each post, but the show as a broken image until i click in to edit and VOILA! the image is there- but i still cant get it to display on the front end of the website?
Any ideas on how I can fix this?
Things ive already tried:
– check uploads folder permissions (755- all good)
– check image permissions (644 – all good)
– delete images and upload them again (no difference)
– reinstall wordpress (no difference)
– change theme (no difference)
– walking away and coming back later (no help)
Can you help?
So the images are retrieved/downloaded from an external XML feed?
If I look in the source code, none of the images have an actual extention. For example, this is what’s called in the source:
Obviously, with that missing extension that image doesn’t exist. But even when I add .jpg or .gif or .png, they don’t exist.
Yeah the images are retrieved and downloaded, and despite not showing an extension they DO exist. I can see them via ftp (as jpgs) and when i click to edit one of the broken images i SEE them… here is the image you were looking for: Screenshot
any idea whats going on and how i can fix this?
- The topic ‘Images uploading but not displaying’ is closed to new replies.