The Support Forums will be in read-only mode for a scheduled maintenance window on 01 September 2016 14:00 UTC - 20:00 UTC. More information.

Images do upload, but only size WordPress shows is 0x0 (5 posts)

  1. agiesbrecht
    Posted 4 years ago #

    I also have this problem, but at least in my case it doesn't seem to have anything to do with permissions (777 for all directories involved), like I saw in another post. I also haven't any any domain or server change.

    The only thing related that has changed is that I added a new image size via funcions.php on my theme, but I have tested removing it, and it didn't work:

    if ( function_exists( 'add_image_size' ) ) {
    	add_image_size( 'destaque', 960, 640 );

    The problem appeared after upgrading (manually) to 3.3. I have upgraded to 3.3.1, yet the problem persists, both with the new and old uploader.

    One other thing: the files are being uploaded to the server; it's just that I can't see the sizes on WordPress.

    Strange thing: when I do it from my laptop (same Windows and Firefox versions, same internet connection), it works as it should. But only from it. When I mentioned that the files were uploaded to the server, it was before I uploaded them through my laptop.

    Can anyone help me with that?

    Thanks in advance,
    Alexandre Giesbrecht

  2. agiesbrecht
    Posted 4 years ago #

    Another data, after some tests tonight: every single time I try to upload from the laptop it goes smoothly; every single time I try to upload from the desktop I get the "0x0" images.

    Any clue?

  3. agiesbrecht
    Posted 4 years ago #


  4. Doug-O
    Posted 4 years ago #

    I am inserting this in every open query on this topic, as it actually solved the problem. This happens because one of the databases gets locked. You have to use PHPMyAdmin tool (available from your host most likely) to review the status of all the databases in use for your site. Select the ‘wordpressblog’ (or whatever set of databases seem appropriate) from the list at left. This brings up all the databases running on your site. The particular database that caused this problem was wp_postmeta - the status in the PHPMyAdmin window was ‘in use,’ and as our databases are small this should never be the case when you can look at them and see them in use - they should be just sitting there. Here it was locked. In the PHP MYAdmin tool, check the particular database that’s in use, then on the drop down box at the bottom select ‘repair table.’ This instantly solved my problem. Thanks to yahoo support rep!

  5. Celso Bessa
    Posted 3 years ago #

    As i wrote in another topic:

    "I Had the same problem, but for other reason.

    In My case, it was the use of a CDN Sync tool plugin that caused this and several other problems related to image processing (Regenerate Thumbnails and SMush.it plugins also stopped working) when saving.

    So, try and see if any of your plugins messes with saving files and try to disable it."

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic