I have just spent 30 minutes trying to work out why I can’t upload images to any of my word press installs..
My train of thought was..
- Oh well it must be a wordpress plugin
- It wasn’t any plugins and it’s affecting everything, it must be a firefox extension
- Hmm, it’s not a firefox extension, maybe I should try a blank profile…
- Oh, that’s not it, maybe it’s just Firefox 3 RC1 being screwy, better try all the other browsers
- Hmm, that’s not it either
So yeah, after all that I tried it on another system. It worked fine, so that ruled out any weird .htaccess or other server related configs.
Turns out that media uploads do not work with Flash Player 10.0.1.218 Beta. I installed the old version in IE and it now works fine again, across all sites. So take note: you have to be using the latest version 9 or previous!
Just in case anyone else is scratching their head and can’t work out what’s wrong. Either install the old version over it, or you’ll have to use the No Flash Uploader plugin.
Perhaps the dev’s can look into this? I don’t know if it’s a Flash Beta issue, or something at the WordPress end.
- The topic ‘Image Uploader does not work with Flash 10 beta’ is closed to new replies.