I’m having trouble uploading images on my wordpress
i found the following error message:
“travelcouture.jpg” has failed to upload due to an error
Unable to create directory E:\home\travelcout\Web/wp-content/uploads/2012/02. Is its parent directory writable by the server?
I noticed that the address in question does not exist E:\home\travelcout\Web/wp-content/uploads/2012/02 .. this is not the correct address of this folder on the web or in my internal server for testing .. I do not know this “E:\home” ..
I have done a search here at the forum and google in general and tried the following solutions – none worked:
– set all the folders with the configuration 777 (already)
– “Store uploads in this folder” – set to “wp-content/uploads”
although it is already warning that this is the default at wordpress admin – also did not work – set back the original empty default
– Tried to change the “Full URL path to files” to the correct address http:/www.travelcouture.com.br/Web/wp-content/uploads/ but also did not work – went back to the original empty default
– Tried to create a new folder “uploads” – did not work
– Tried to create a new folder with a different name “upload” and set the new path through the “Store uploads in this folder” to “wp-content/upload” – did not work – I went back to the original empty default and set the folder name back to “uploads”
– inside the upload folder i found subfolders “2012” and inside that another subfolder “01”
as the error says failed to create the folder “02” I tried to create this folder – then got a different error: “HTTP error”
deleted this “02” folder
– tried to turn off option “Organize my uploads into month- and year-based folders” – did not work – but change the error message – now it shows “HTTP error”
Anyone know how I can fix this problem by correcting the wrong path or otherwise?
thank you in advance
- The topic ‘image upload error – wrong upload folder path’ is closed to new replies.