Wordpress 2.7.0 with Dean’s FCKEditor For WordPress
Using the html/browser uploader with IE6
- Open post-new.php, add some line in the FCK Editing Area, hit the Add image button.
- When loading the thickbox IE6 will report a unspecified error at line 28, character/sign 2
- Net effect: media-upload.php will not load in the thickbox, but full screen in the _top
- Later on, when you try to insert an image in the post, IE6 throws another error at you: object does not support this method (or something like that) and the screen remains blank
Analysis: when media-upload.php does not have a parent, opener or top win.send_to_editor() is not defined in wp-admin/includes/media.php
Temporary fix to resolve the symptom:
var win = window.dialogArguments || opener || parent || top; if (win.send_to_editor) win.send_to_editor('<?php echo addslashes($html); ?>'); else history.go(-3);
Earlier in media.php you can also try to resolve the symptom:
The real fix: remove this.blur() on line 27 of thickbox.js:
tb_show(t,a,g); // this.blur(); /* do not this.blur() in IE6: unspecified error with FCK editor */
- The topic ‘Image upload error (FCK Editor, IE6) with fix’ is closed to new replies.