There are currently two problems with uploading images into WordPress.
Two WordPress versions back (when the new upload image interface was introduced) these two problem began occurring.
1. You upload an image.
2. You place a title in the “Alt Text” box and the “Title” box after the upload has been completed.
3. You click “Insert into Post”.
4. The image appears in the post.
5. You hover over the image and click “Edit Image”.
6. The image appears on screen to be edited but the title you placed into “Title” after the upload has disappeared.
Why is this?
This never happened two WordPress versions back. This problem or error means you have to do more work titling an image.
1. uploaded an image.
2. You placed a title in the “Alt Text” box and in the “Title” box after the upload had been completed.
3. You clicked “Insert into Post”.
4. The image appeared in the post.
5. You hovered over the image and clicked “Edit Image”.
6. The image appeared on screen to be edited with the title you placed into “Title” and “Alt Text” after the upload.
The title you placed into “Title” and “Alt Text” also stayed in their places if you created a new post and inserted a previously uploaded image into it. Now when you insert a previously uploaded image into a new post, the title placed in “Title” from the previous upload disappears.
Why is this?
This all started with the new image/media upload screen introduced two versions back.
I upload images into every post I publish and this adds serious time to post creation when I have to label a image’s “Alt Text” title in one session, close it then open it up again to title the image’s “Title”.
Please help. Please fix this bug, error or whatever it is.
Hosting environment: My host is Hostgator. I started using Cloudflare a month and a half ago.
Prominent site plugins: Yoast WordPress SEO, WP Super Cache, Robots Meta, Google XML Sitemaps, Disqus Comment System, and Hotfix. I use other plugins as well.
Theme: custom made.
- The topic ‘Image Title Disappears after Upload and Initial Edit’ is closed to new replies.