If you have GoDaddy for hosting and are getting the following error when “Testing Connection”, than read on:
DATABASE CONNECTION FAILED!
Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock’ (2)
You can not use “localhost” in the “Host” section.
Steps to find your host on GoDaddy:
- 1. Log in to GoDaddy Account
- 2. Launch WebHosting
- 3. Scroll down to “Databases” section and click on “MySQL”
- 4. You will see a list of Databases on your site. If you don’t have one, click “Add” to make a new one.
- 5. click on the Database you will be using
- 6. a window pops up. You will see your “Hostname” towards the bottom. It should look something like this:
- 7. THAT is what you need to put into the “Host” section of the Deploy section of the plugin in order to get a “SUCCESSFUL” connection to your database.
I HOPE THIS SAVES SOMEONE SOME GRAY HAIRS 🙂
- The topic ‘If using GoDaddy & having issues, read this!’ is closed to new replies.