You have a few HTML errors that might be the cause of it. For one thing, you’re missing a closing div tag. Try fixing those all up and see if it helps.
Do not code for IE !
Code your entirely project for FireFox and any other “real” browser, and when everything works good on them then specifically fix errors for IE 😉
i fixed the div error all other errors are weird errors ..
but it’s still messed up in FF .
Ms-dos i like IE :p
well now it appears as though you’ve removed the installation…
Error establishing a database connection
This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can’t contact the database server at . This could mean your host’s database server is down.
chaaban, feel free to like IE, but msdos is right: Make it work in a modern browser first, then tweak for IE.
What Yosemite and MS-DOS said –
It’s not a matter of coding for what you like, it’s coding properly. IE is not a standards-compatible browser, and will “guess” at what you want to happen. This leaves your code open to lots of mistakes.
It just saves time and a lot of headaches if you code for Firefox, and then fix IE later on.
yes i know ms dos is right 🙂
Just messing arround 😉
i’m restarting the server , mysql was down …
i ll let you know when it will be fixed hoping that someone can help fixing my error 🙂
#commentform phas a non-zero size with no unit-type (em, px, %).
css work now … it was a missing px …
but still it’s all messed up .
i dont get the ul and li error it should be correct
i dont think a ul missing messed up the whole site in FF 😐
I ran your code through the validator, and came up with a few errors.
Line 179 column 19: document type does not allow element "li" here.
<li class="pagenav"><h5>Pages</h5><ul><li class="page_item"><a href="http://www.
The reason for this error is because you have an H5 element within a li tag. That’s not allowed. You can style your LI tags to look just how you want them, but you can’t use a header element there.
Another thing is that, somewhere, you’ve got an openeing LI tag, with no “OL” or “UL” before it. Either that, or you have one open that you haven’t closed and it’s messing things up. Or, you could hve it closed improperly – you need to write your stuff semantically.
Hope that helps a bit.
I bet if you fix those small errors, the rest of them will fall into place.
ok now its valid and still messed up in firefox :p
Seee why i like IE 🙂
i think i solved it … it was a div in the wrong place ………..
i’ll keep updated when i’ll publish this theme …
- The topic ‘IE VS FF again’ is closed to new replies.