I’ve read through a couple of other threads on here, describing how they’ve had issues with autosave on new posts.
Internet Explorer 7 (and possibly other versions, haven’t tried) doesn’t seem to handle whatever’s being returned thru AJAX when the autosave runs.
Others have suggested disabling all plugins, commenting out stuff in
/wp-admin/post-new.phpand even doing
All of these suggestions above are utterly wrong, everyone should know better than to touch the WP core files like that.
I’ve tested them all, to no avail.
– Simply removing/commenting out the autosave.js script will throw errors when
/wp-admin/js/post.jstries to call the
autosave()(as text fields are being populated.)
Let me clarify one essential thing; This is only an issue with IE !.
That being said, I’m not even sure it has to do with WP code.
It might be that server responses/timeouts etc. could cause this, but that seems unlikely, as that would probably affect all browsers.
Does anybody have updated info on this issue, I know it’s been affecting a lot of ppl.
PS: Tech/use info:
– WPMU running on dedicated server.
– Custom/unique themes for all blogs, no WP core files have been touched, except for
– When saving a new post, I get the error “Your attempt to edit POST-TITLE failed. Please try again.” Only the post title were saved, the post is not published.
– If I go and edit the (initially failed) post, it publishes without errors at all.
– Just making sure it’s understood; It is only happening in IE (version 7 is the one I’m using). 🙂
- The topic ‘IE issue w/ new post: “Your attempt to edit…” – publishing fails.’ is closed to new replies.