Here is an idea as i see an opened mind to features. This is slightly more complex and I might end up doing it myself:
A way to automatically transform custom fields (tags and/or categories - or any other such custom field) selected in a custom post into checklists.
What I saw out there is not quite a complete solution:
- there are many ways to add such fields as checkboxes and even displaying them in front end, but none the ability to save this info (cookies or db)
- this plugin makes it easy to create them by hand, but nod dynamically
- A way to grab existing custom fields, transform them into checklists (add them to database as checklists) and publish them to front end in that form.
- Let's say one has a site that uses custom posts for to-do lists or for food ingredients and the author/admin publishes such posts by choosing from a large pool of items or ingredients (custom taxonomies or custom inputs) but only some that are available for that article.
- Front end user then can check the list as needed based on current functionality.
Basically there is the need to autogenerate such lists dynamically.