First, what a great plugin this seems to be. I've used Codestyling Localization before, but since that plugin is abandoned, I searched for an alternative and found yours. Best of all things is that I can edit my translations when they are stored in the wp-content/languages folder for safe plugin updates without losing my translations. This was not possible for codestyling...
Anyways, I had trouble translating my child theme with version 1.4.4. I downloaded the development version 1.4.5 and now it works better.
Some Ideas to improve you plugin even more:
- 1. Add source code references. Just as poedit does, show which files the source code is in. Either in a column or when you hover the source text perhaps.
- 2. Add pagination. It would be good to limit strings per page. When a .po file has too many strings, the plugin is kinda slow. When I'm translating WooCommerce for instance, around 350 strings, it's kinda slow, and I'm using a pretty fast pc with chrome. I can only imagine how it would be on an older computer.
- 3. Add a simple clear button inside 'Filter translations' search. A minor but useful function.
- 4. Add an option to always save inside wp-content/languages folder for plugins and themes. No more support questions like: -I've updated my plugin, now my translation is missing, what the heck!
Or you could just simply explain this after the text "create in global languages directory" why you should use that option.
- 5. Add an option to batch delete translations. To tidy up those translation not it use, and only have your own language shown. Even better would be to have, in settings, your preferred language and only show these on the "manage translations" list.
That's it for now! Btw do you want me to translate your plugin into swedish, I'm up for it ;)