I added new icons from Map Icons Collection and I see them in the backend. But I cannot select any icon after adding the new icons. How can I solve this problem?
same reply as in the other ticket 😉
Did you already follow the tutorial at http://mapsmarker.com/readme-first ? If the steps there didnt help I would need temp admin access (mapsmarker.com/contact) so that I can have a look by myself to help…
It seems to be an IE 11 issue. With Google Chrome I don’t have this problem.
mhhh – could not reproduce this issue on my test sites with IE11…
I do experience the same problem after upgrading from version v3.8.5. to v3.8.6. Unfortunately I did not kept a copy of v3.8.5. to downgrade to the previous version (although I do have a backup of v3.8.4.) Additional markers was installed a while ago and it worked well until the latest upgrade. The additional markers was installed using the process described at http://www.mapsmarker.com/faqs/can-i-add-custom-marker-icons/
After investigating Error logs, the following error log seem to be consistent with the issue:
PHP Warning: Missing argument 2 for wpdb::prepare(), called in /home/xxxx/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/leaflet-maps-marker/leaflet-wikitude.php on line 199 and defined in /home/xxxx/public_html/blog/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 992
could you give me temp admin access (info(a)mapsmarker(dot)com) so that I can have a look? Would need more info about this issue as I really dont have a clue whats going on here.
If temp admin access is not possible, screenshots and additional logs might help too.
The php warning you found in the logs is not connected with this issue though (and will be fixed with the next release)
After further investigation, the following observations were made:
1. The markers appear normally under the “Tools” tab on the admin side, however the problem occurs when when selecting the “Add new marker” tab.
2. For starters, the “Add new marker” tab is slow to open in both Internet Explorer (IE) and FireFox (FF), however it is most severe with FireFox (I am using FireFox 27.0.1). The default marker appear against a grey background.
3. IE: When selecting the “show more markers” option with IE, the markers appear normal (against a white background), however without radio buttons below the markers as in previous versions. When selecting a marker, the selected marker then appears against a grey background while all other markers become milky white (transparent white). If “show fewer marker” is then selected, the new marker appears on the map but is not shown next to the default marker, however the marker can be added and everything else works fine.
4. FF: With FireFox however, the entire page freezes up when “show more markers” is selected, and all markers are a milky white without the radio button below the marker below as in previous versions. The only way to add a new marker, is to first add and save the marker using the default marker icon, and then to change the marker icon, keeping in mind that it may take ages with the “frozen Page” to scroll to the nearest save button.
If necessary, you can contact me at my email address as provided for the Afrikaans translation. Kind regards.
thanks for the detailled description – anyway I am still having issues reproducing this issue. The only things I can think of causing this at the moment are possibly plugin conflicts. Have you tried disabling all other plugins for testing purpose to verify if the issue still occurs?
if not, I would need temp admin access in the best case and if that is not possible at least a screenshot so that I can better analyze this.
Thanks for the reply. Disabling other plugins did not resolve the issue. I will try a few other options, eg downgrading, and will then contact you via email if the issue cannot be resolved. Best regards
ok, I think I understand the issue now. The radio buttons below the marker icons have been removed intentionally in order to use less space on the edit page. If you want to select an icon now, you just have to click on the icon and the background changes to grey, meaning that this marker is selected.
Anyway I couldnt reproduce the issue of page freezing, this could eventually be related to the speed of your computer, as you added lots of additional icons and slower computers could need a while for all to load.
The best browser currently regarding speed is Chrome by the way, perhaps you want to give it a try to for editing maps.
This issue has been resolved.
If I may, I would like to propose an option to place marker-icons in categories (or sub-folders) on the admin side. It may contribute to using less space and resources when many icons are needed for large tourism sites. The site where the issue was demonstrated is a poor example as it is a single tourism destination, but it would be great to scale (and import markers via the API) to a global tourism site and map.
I have seen a similar proposal for the front-end at another discussion. Perhaps the requirement can be combined?
Kind regards, Hans
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Icon-problem’ is closed to new replies.