Recently I worked with Symfony and Drupal, but now I found a job where many customers uses WordPress, and they needs mods and plugins.
Beginning my work on WordPress, I found that it is very good for blogging, but it lacks some features that could make it easier to build extensions.
– An “Object-Relational Mapping” library could be useful. A developer will not have to “reinvent the wheel” to save and retrieve data, and sanitize it. Like on Symfony.
– Helpers to generate form fields and sanitize/validate the data. Like on Symfony.
– It may be useful to manage PHP Sessions, starting or ending a session when the user logs in or out, allowing to use $_SESSION to store informations. Like on Symfony.
– It needs a centralized error/events logging. Like on Drupal.
I think these features would be very useful. Maybe these could be implemented with modules, anyway I think them should be integrated in the WordPress distribution, so module developers will know they can use them.
Maybe these features already exists, but I didn’t found them, so I would be happy to see if these features are already implemented somewhere, before I start to implement them by myself…
- The topic ‘I think WordPress needs…’ is closed to new replies.