Mark, I’m using PCIG extensively on our site, and I’ve found it to be a fantastic solution for generating index pages. The problem is that the documentation is lacking a bit, and some critical features are missing in the current version of the plug-in. I’ve paid a developer to make a number of changes to the code for this plug-in, and I’m willing to give all of these changes to you, and pay you to integrate them into the core plug-in, so that we all benefit.
It seems to me that this is the way that the Open Source community should deal with issues like this, and I’m willing to step up and make a one-time payment, but I need you to reach out to me, so that we can talk about the work, and the payment.
Please, consider doing this for the good of the community, and so that you’re plug-in will be absolutely the best that there is for this type of work. Here are some of the proposed changes that we’ve already addressed, and that I believe the plug-in would benefit from
1) The ability to specify the number of lines visible, for each instance of PCIG
2) The ability to change the text that appears as the headings for pages and posts
3) The ability to display posts, pages or both
4) Using a more efficient jQuery method for getting all of the information about posts and pages, rather than the method that it is used today.
Also, I’m finding that in order to deliver the exact type of presentation that I need, I need to be able to display multiple instances of PCIG on a given post or page. So, this requirement is driving some of the requirements above.
Thanks, I hope to hear back,
- The topic ‘I need changes made to PCIG and I'll pay you to make them’ is closed to new replies.