I have tried adding Honeypot code to Contact Form 7 various times, but continue to get spam from the same one or two sources, so I’m wondering if I’m doing something wrong.
1) In Contact Form 7, I generate a Honeypot tag.
2) The generated tag is called, for example, honeypot-97.
3) I change the name to Checkbox-97 (or Phone-97 or Date-97, for example).
4) I also name the ID to match. (Checkbox, in this example)
5) I paste the shortcode into the form: [honeypot Checkbox-97 id:Checkbox]
6) I save the form.
Since I still received spam, based on a suggestion by one user in this forum, I also tried adding the following code, but I still get spam:
[checkbox* humancheckbox label_last “YOU MUST CHECK THIS BOX to show that you’re human.”]
Should I also delete the number (-97, for instance) in the name of the honeypot? I think I tried that already, but that didn’t seem to work either. Am I missing a step? Or is there something else I should do?
Thanks in advance.
- The topic ‘I continue to get spam. Am I doing this right?’ is closed to new replies.