I changed a theme file now can't log in as admin. HELP??
Please I am throwing myself on your mercy here. I love this theme!
I got my site done and it’s beautiful and perfect then I went to move it and followed these directions from wordpress.org when it was moved but the links had not changed. The links changed great but now I cannot login as an admin and my users can’t log in either. 🙁
If you have access to the site via FTP, then this method will help you quickly get a site back up and running, if you changed those values incorrectly.
1. FTP to the site, and get a copy of the active theme’s functions.php file. You’re going to edit it in a simple text editor (like notepad) and upload it back to the site.
2. Add these two lines to the file, immediately after the initial “<?php” line.
Use your own URL instead of example.com, obviously.
3. Upload the file back to your site, in the same location. FileZilla offers a handy “edit file” function to do all of the above rapidly; if you can use that, do so.
4. Load the login or admin page a couple of times. The site should come back up.
5. Repeat the above steps, but remove those lines. IMPORTANT: Do NOT leave those lines in there. Remove them immediately after the site is up and running again.
I’m really sorry I goofed up your theme and I won’t do it again.. but any idea what I did? and how I can fix it? All I did was add 2 lines of code them take them out and now no login for me…
I have been comparing the backup files to the “new” files and cannot find any difference.
- The topic ‘I changed a theme file now can't log in as admin. HELP??’ is closed to new replies.