Have you tried:
– deactivating all plugins to see if this resolves the problem. If this works, re-activate the plugins one by one until you find the problematic plugin(s).
– switching to the Twenty Eleven theme to rule out any theme-specific problems.
– resetting the plugins folder by FTP or PhpMyAdmin. Sometimes, an apparently inactive plugin can still cause problems.
– re-uploading all files & folders – except the wp-content folder – from a fresh download of WordPress.
I just deactivated all plugins and retried – still no go so far
I also notice that I can not unlink the youtube link in the post – the link has to not be a link in order to work in wordpress post
I am already on the twenty eleven theme –
I may not have created a child theme prior to updating
I have not tried plugins folder reset or re-upload yet.
I am doing one at time to see what works and also to limit the effort require to resolve the issue.
thank you for your help.
Now I will look at the instructs to reset plugin folder
resetting the plugins folder has not resolved the issue
I also wonder if some of the plugins I was using are no longer relevant anyway.
I should not need any plugin to embed a youtube video
So to get this working am I looking at a fresh install of wp after backing up and then restoring?
but, if I can’t get this basic functionality working then wp is not working for me
I did not publish the last few posts because of the problem So I’m not sure what you will be able to see
the best method is to try deactivating all plugins and then reactivating them again. It could be due to a conflict with some other plugins.
Hi all together
Does somebody has a solution? I’ve got the same problem since I’ve updated to 3.4.2. No chance, even with no plugin at all, a clean installation and twenty eleven activated.
Anybody an idea? Thanx for any hint!
Greetings from Austria
Please post your own topic. Your problem – despite any similarity in symptoms – is likely to be completely different.
- The topic ‘I can no longer embed youtube videos in posts ver 3.4.2’ is closed to new replies.