[resolved] Huge problem re-indexing a WP multisite (5 posts)

  1. Dan
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I run a WP MU, which has three sites with different languages. One of the them English.
    I use WordPress SEO by YOAST and WP MU Site Wide Tags.

    Until yesterday, I used the main blog to index all the subsites.

    However, I got trouble being approved by Google adsense, since the languages of the two other sub-sites are not supported by Google adsense.

    So, I deleted all the indexed items from the main blog.
    Then, set up WP MU Site Wide Tags plugin to index only the English sub-site.

    Now, Google Webmaster says the robot.txt on my website is blocking it access to the main site and the sub-sites as well.

    What should I do?

    {P.s.- I don't have robot.txt file}

  2. Go to yourdomain.com/robots.txt in your browser.

    WPSEO by Yoast can edit that file (which is virtual) so make sure you didn't do that by accident.

  3. Dan
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I did everything I can think of.

    I even went as far as deleting e WordPress SEO by YOAST and WP MU Site Wide Tags plugins.

    Then, delete the robots.txt file from my server.

    Then, re-installed the two plugins.
    No matter what I do with regard to the robots.txt file - edit and delete; the google webmaster shows me the same thing.
    User-agent: *
    Disallow: /

    I wonder how and to what I should change that.

  4. Dan
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I think I fond a robots.txt file; because I ordered WordPress SEO by YOAST to create that file.

    However, now, I deleted that file.

  5. Dan
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I checked Google Webmaster after 24 hrs and it is okay now.

    Perhaps, Google needed time to update data.

    Besides the actions I listed above; I did also deleted an folder that was created when I restored from backup. (That folder had robots.txt files)

    [I am reporting this, in case it helps someone else]

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic


No tags yet.