Yesterday, I was running in a strange http/https 301 redirection loop issue. The website was not responding anymore (301 redirection loop) after setting up the site in https. But the most annoying is that the issue was persisting even when changing back to http!
I’m using wordpress 4.7 and rubine lite 1.3.2.
I don’t think it is linked, but other installed other plugins are : duplicator, polylang, tinyMCE and WPEdit (all up to date)
The problem has began when I updated, in the general configuration (Settings > general) of wordpress, the “wordpress url” and “site url” with https instead of http. There the landing page was in 301 loop. And going back to http doesn’t solve the problem. Fortunately, only the landing home page was impacted (not the admin). And it has apparently nothing to do with the htaccess file which has not been changed yet (eg: to force the https).
I’ve tried some ssl/https plugins but none of the had solved the issue. They solved other one like images in http or update the htaccess files but not the 301 loop.
The solution, I’ve found is to change the “static” home page in “rubine lite” to an other one, and save the change. Then change back to the originally choosen landing page and save the change. I don’t know what happened behind the scenes, but it solved my problem.
I was wondering if it was an issue in rubine lite only and if it can be corrected for the future users 🙂
Have a nice day!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.