Hey everyone. I’m a relatively new WP user, and I’m running into that horrendous HTTP error on image upload. I have:
1) read Otto42’s article: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/164999
2) deleted my wp-admin and wp-includes folders
3) downloaded a fresh copy of WP 2.8.2
4) uploaded the deleted directories fresh
5) changed permissions on my wp-content/uploads folder to 755, and then to 777 just to see if it helps
6) ensured that my Settings-Misc “store uploads” field is set to the default.
7) created an .htaccess file with the mod-security fix language in it and uploaded it to my domain root, the WP root, and the wp-admin directory.
8) set the permissions for the .htaccess files above to both 755 and 777
9) recreated the same problem in IE, FF, and Chrome.
10) ensured that I have the latest Flash and Shockwave installed.
11) tried uploading smaller images
12) deleted my “uploads” folder, removed all entries from the Media Library, and tried a brand new upload.
99) sacrificed a few chickens for good measure.
Is there ANYTHING else that could be causing this problem?
To throw a monkey wrench into your thought process, I have 2 blogs on 2 domains, both hosted on the same server – only 1 of them has this problem…
I’m going insane here…
- The topic ‘HTTP Error on image upload – STILL’ is closed to new replies.