• Resolved setevoy

    (@setevoy)


    Hi.

    We use this plugin for our Stage and Prod environments hosted on Azure as WebApps.

    A problem is – on Prod after new image uploaded – WP says “HTTP error”:

    A HTTP error

    But on Stage, which use same Storage Account with same settings – everything works just fine.

    What can be a reason?

    Thanks.

Viewing 12 replies - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Hi, @tott.

    Seems we (with Azure Support assist) found a way to change this value, I’ll try to make it on Monday and will let you know results, OK?

    Thanks and have a nice weekend.

    Hi, @tott.

    I added next lines:

      <system.webServer>
          <serverRuntime uploadReadAheadSize="2147483647" />
      </system.webServer> 

    To our web.config file, so now it’s looks like:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <configuration>
      <system.webServer>
        <rewrite>
          <rules>
              <rule name="wordpress" patternSyntax="Wildcard">
                  <match url="*"/>
                      <conditions>
                          <add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsFile" negate="true"/>
                          <add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsDirectory" negate="true"/>
                      </conditions>
                  <action type="Rewrite" url="index.php"/>
              </rule></rules>
        </rewrite>
        <staticContent>
            <mimeMap fileExtension="woff" mimeType="application/font-woff" />
         </staticContent>
      </system.webServer>
      <system.webServer>
          <serverRuntime uploadReadAheadSize="2147483647" />
      </system.webServer>  
    </configuration>

    Unfortunately – still have the same error.

    Plugin Author Thorsten Ott

    (@tott)

    Hi @setevoy,

    thanks for testing this out. Are the changes reflected in your settings after you reload the webserver? I’m a little bit worried as you have two system.webServer sections now and I’m not 100% sure if this is a supported format for IIS

    Best
    Thorsten

    Hi, @tott.

    Yeah, you are right about nested system.webServer – moved to one:

    ...
        </rewrite>
        <staticContent>
            <mimeMap fileExtension="woff" mimeType="application/font-woff" />
         </staticContent>
          <serverRuntime uploadReadAheadSize="2147483647" />
      </system.webServer> 

    Will restart WebApp soon (need to get approve from a customer, as this is Prod). Will add UPD here then.

    @tott I made some changes – removed lines from the web.config and created file applicationHost.xdt instead with:

    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <configuration xmlns:xdt="http://schemas.microsoft.com/XML-Document-Transform">
    <system.webServer>
        <serverRuntime xdt:Transform="Remove" />
          <serverRuntime xdt:Transform="Insert" maxRequestEntityAllowed="200000" />
          <serverRuntime xdt:Transform="Insert" uploadReadAheadSize="200000" />
       </system.webServer>
    </configuration>

    Unfortunately – still have no an approve to restart WebApp. Will post once will do it.

    Hi, @tott, @ritteshpatel.

    My apologies, but a customer will move an application to the own hosting solution instead of Azure, thus – current issue is not valuable anymore.

    Thanks for the help.

    Plugin Author Thorsten Ott

    (@tott)

    Hi @setevoy,

    I’m sorry to hear this. Is there anything we can do to have your client change his mind?

    Best
    Thorsten

    Hi, @tott.

    Thanks – but no, they (we) had unfortunately too many issues with Azure (ClearDB, MySQL InApp, pure WebApps performance etc) and the current issue was just last one in this chain.

    I suggested to move them from Azure WebApp to Linux Virtual machine (we already moved MySQL to dedicated VM instead of ClearDB and MySQL InApp), and we started work about this migration – but… 🙂

    Plugin Author Thorsten Ott

    (@tott)

    Hi @setevoy,

    thanks for letting us know and thanks for all the help troubleshooting. We will be happy to help in case you have any other use of this plugin.

    Best
    Thorsten

    Hi, @tott.

    Suddenly – we got update with that 🙂

    So – customer went away from Azure to own server, with some Linux and Apache 2.4. And – faced with the same issue – “HTTP error”.

    We also got another one issue with 413 error on this new host – “Entity body too large“. As traffic goes via our NGINX as Proxy to their host with Apache – I updated our NGINX and added:

    client_max_body_size 64M;

    And – that fixed not only 413 – but the “HTTP error” as well.

    Thanks for your assist 🙂

    Plugin Author Thorsten Ott

    (@tott)

    Hi @setevoy,

    that’s great news. The proxy surely is a little detail we were missing in our investigation 🙂

    Glad you got this worked out.

    Thorsten

    Proxy came here just now, after migration, so previously – it was something about IIS/Azure directly.

Viewing 12 replies - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘HTTP error’ is closed to new replies.