Can anyone help with this issue please? Both the HTML and Visual buttons in posts and pages is missing. These are the facts:
1. There is NO evidence of them in the page code (more about this further down)
2. This is happening on 3 laptops! (all different makes 1 mac(os10.8.1) 2 pcs - one new hi-end pc(latest vers. Windows) /one fairly old)
3. My two desktops (mac and pc) show 6 instances of the word Visual in the source code but my laptops show only 4.
4. the two lines that are missing in the source code (ver.3.4.2) are:
<a id="content-tmce" class="hide-if-no-js wp-switch-editor switch-tmce" onclick="switchEditors.switchto(this);">Visual</a>
<a id="excerpt-tmce" class="hide-if-no-js wp-switch-editor switch-tmce" onclick="switchEditors.switchto(this);">Visual</a>
(The same applies for the HTML button)
5. I have gone through every suggestion including emptying cache files - both browser and .js (even emptied computer cache to see if it was that) / the concatenation bug fix / upgrading to the latest version of WP (this started with 3.3.2 - 3.3.1 was fine!) / manual installs / changing permissions / upgraded all browsers / even tried adding the google plugin in desperation / disabling all plugins / deleting all plugins / tested with theme 2011 / have tried adding the extra tinyMCE files and folders the list goes on...
6. I have tested this on many devices since it appeared - even smart phones and it works! This only seems to be happening on laptops.
7. I have created new websites with a fresh install of 3.4.1 and now 3.4.2 - still the same issue.
8. I have used different servers with different service providers.
9. Browser types don't make a difference - have tried them all:
Opera(mac/pc) firefox(mac/pc) Safari (mac/pc) Internet Explorer vers. 6 – 9
10. Have even paid to upgrade my mac laptop to the latest system software.
Each one of these processes I've tried starting from scratch each time to eliminate any possibility of cross pollution. It's taken me weeks to get to this point!
PLEASE HELP! I was hoping the upgrade to 3.4.2 might solve the issue - no luck!
What I can't understand is why the buttons code is not being written into the html! Even in a default theme on a fresh install, yet it appears (and works) when viewed on a desktop computer!!?
Any help would be appreciated - thanks.