My HTML tab is "greyed out" and when I add text in the visual editor, it does not save. Using 2.8, webhost is dreamhost, doesn't work in FF or IE. Site is http://www.jamesfamilychiropractic.com
I have tried the following from posts
taking care to clear browser cache during each attempt.
- disabled all plugins
- disabled gears
- repopulated /wp-includes/js folder from the zip on the wordpress.org site
- not using kmili flash plugin
- deleted all contents in uploads/js_cache
- making sure no cache was being used elsewhere on the site
- "disable visual editor" is NOT checked
- tried switching themes as suggested in
- did a complete reinstall of wp 2.8 automatically from within the admin area
- Visiting http://yoursite.com/wp-includes/js/tinymce/wp-tinymce.php did not reveal any errors on the top
define( 'CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS', false );near the top of the wp-config.php didn't help
- enabling accessibility didn't work
- installing dean's fckeditor as a last resort didn't help. actually removed my entire editor (disabled that)
Saw a comment about adding
but then another commenter said those were for an older version & not needed or "missing". Is that correct?
IE is reporting 2 errors:
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Timestamp: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 19:03:39 UTC
Message: 'jQuery' is undefined
Message: Object doesn't support this property or method
I can just disable the editor & we're fine, of course, but trying to turn this blog over to a client who has no knowledge of html. I've seen this question asked probably a dozen times in different ways on the forum in just my research and looks like many are still looking for an answer.
Fresh troubleshooting ideas are definitely appreciated - thanks.