Lately (since I upgraded to the 2.9.x family) I've been having severe problems with the HTML editor and I wanted to know everyone else's experience with this as I'm considering to make a detailed bug report.
In the 2.9.1:
- when editing HTML in the editor, some tags (div's mostly) would dissappear when witching back to Visual. Other effects include removing of html entities (such as ). Empty tags (except the <p>'s that wordpress adds) are usually removed also.
In the 2.9.2:
- now when editing in HTML, I -have to- move back to Visual. If I click on Publish/Update directly from HTML view, I can see any change I made to the post disappear right before I'm notified the post was updated.
- when saving, tags I manually added are progressively trimmed and eventually eliminated (eg, I add something like <div style="clear:both"> </div>, later it becomes div style="clear:both"> </div>, then div style="clear:both"> </div> and is ultimately removed)