WordPress version: 3.5.1
WordPress SEO version: 126.96.36.199
I expected the plugin to do this: show XML sitemaps on http://www.diardam.nl/sitemap_index.xml, same as it does on my other sites (on a different hosting provider)
Instead it did this: display 404 error page
I did this:
– Try to disable all plugins except the SEO plugin
– Try to disable the “404 redirected” plugin I use
– Google voor solutions and try the .htaccess mod rewrite solution as described here (http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wordpress-seo-by-yoast-fix-for-sitemap_indexxml-404-error?replies=30)
– Found references to a Nginx server and asked my hosting provider if by any chance they use Nginx server (which the don’t, they use Apache servers on Linux)
Finally the hosting provider asked for server requirements for the SEO module, which I couln’t find. So I’m asking 2 things here;
– Can you provide requirements for the SEO module?
– Can you please help me because I think I have a sort of unique situation (probably caused by my hosting provider’s settings)
- The topic ‘.htaccess solutions for XML-sitemaps 404 errors don't work’ is closed to new replies.