Support » Plugin: TranslatePress - Translate Multilingual sites » Hreflang issues when translating

  • Resolved arribas


    I used translatepress and am experiencing problems highlighted by semrush. These are the error messages:
    No self-referencing hreflang
    Conflicting hreflang and rel=canonical

    How do I fix these issues?

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Plugin Author Razvan Mocanu



    Thank you for reporting this issue.

    The problem is that TranslatePress is setting hreflang metas on pages with canonical meta pointing to another URL. For your website, the canonical meta tells Google to index urls without www.

    The result is that on pages with www. in the url, Google indexing might get confused about which url to index.

    You can read more about it here if you want.

    I have submitted this bug report on TranslatePress and we will try to fix this in future updates.

    If you are really worried about it, one solution might be to place a redirect on pages with www. to their equivalent page without www.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘Hreflang issues when translating’ is closed to new replies.