I have recreated a post I wrote for twenty ten for the twenty eleven theme, this is the display of two columns for the index.php file, with the option to show thumbnails.
Due to the fluid nature of twenty eleven, with the small screen and mobile options, the code we used in twenty ten is not suitable for the twenty eleven theme.
There is a child theme with the code and files, which can be downloaded, recent changes means that no registration is required.
Read the post here:
In the download file:
- functions.php – function to load custom stylesheet and change the excerpt length.
- index.php – with changes for two columns
- content-index.php – loop file with changable arguments, can show image and excerpt as default.
- custom-styles.css – stylesheet created for dark theme option.
- style.css – child theme stylesheet.
- The topic ‘How-to: Two post columns Twenty Eleven’ is closed to new replies.