Support » Plugin: Five Star Restaurant Reservations - WordPress Booking Plugin » How to submit PR?
Is there a way to submit pull requests? Whilst updating the plugin from an older version for a client of mine, I noticed a few small things that would be useful to propose a fix for.
I checked on Github but it seems that the version there is still the last one that was published by the previous developer and hasn’t been updated since.
Thanks for your kind reply.
This plugin is not available as a public GIT repository (on GitHub or anywhere). If you have any feature suggestions or are having any issues with the plugin, however, please let me know.
Btw you might want to amend developer’s documentation on your site regarding this as http://doc.fivestarplugins.com/plugins/restaurant-reservations/developer/ still encourages to check the GitHub repo (which as mentioned points to the one from previous developer of this plugin).
Basically the bulk of the issues I have are with translation as not all strings seem translatable, some because are not declared as multilingual (i.e. “Bookings Summary” in the dashboard), some because the .pot file seems incomplete (i.e. esc_html__ is not in the keywords so those strings are not in the .pot file).
Regarding suggestions, here are my thoughts:
1) the default “upcoming” filter would probably work better if it included also today’s bookings and not only future ones.
I know you can filter for TODAY bookings but the feedback I got from my client is that it would be useful for them to see all upcoming reservations (including the ones for same day) at a glance.
That’s 2 lines of code to change if hard-coded, or a bit more complex if one wanted to add an option for it instead of hard-coding it.
2) It would be good in the future to separate the screen where you modify the opening hours filters – especially the exclusion dates – so editors could manage that without having to give access to the rest of the configuration options. (that is – btw – a more complex endeavour and it was not part of the fixes I mentioned in my initial email, but as you asked for suggestions 🙂 ).
Thank you for that. It’s much appreciated. I believe there will be an update released at some point this week. We’ll generate a new .pot file and include it in that update.
Also, our intention is naturally to have every string localized, but sometimes ones like “Bookings Summary” slip through the cracks, so thank you for pointing that one out. If you happen upon any others, please let me know.
1) For the upcoming filter including today’s bookings, I can definitely note it down as a feature suggestion. I’ll say that, if implemented, it would likely be as an option, as we can’t (would prefer not to) suddenly change the way it’s always worked and the way I’m sure many people would expect and prefer that it keep working.
2) Do you mean put just the two schedulers (for the opening hours and exceptions) in their own options section/tab? Given that they are already in a booking schedule section that only has options related to scheduling, I don’t believe it would be likely that a change like this would be implemented.
Regarding .pot file, the issue is that some keywords are not included (most notable is esc_html__ which is used in several places in the plugin). If you create the .pot file with WP-CLI I think it should add that, otherwise if you used POEdit, just add the extra keywords to the list.
Also – but that’s really minor because is essentially 1 string at the moment – the Gutenberg block localization is not implemented completely as that requires a few extra steps to work (see here: https://developer.wordpress.org/block-editor/developers/internationalization/).
Regarding point 2), at the moment it is my understanding that either you give an editor (or whatever non-admin user) the capability to just manage the bookings or if you want them to be able to manage the scheduling AND – what is most important – the exclusion dates, you have to give them full access to all the options, which doesn’t seem ideal. Or is there a way to give them access only to that “booking schedule section”?
There is currently no option to provide the access as you describe it. Though I do now understand what you mean. Thank you for that explanation.
- The topic ‘How to submit PR?’ is closed to new replies.