I need to create a site for watching & interacting with videos. The audience is high school film students. I was hoping that a plugin is available to cover some or all of the functionality I am looking for.
It needs to
* allow a relatively unsophisticated admin to upload video
* arrange the videos on the site in some rational way and allows them to be searched
* allow commenting
It would be a bonus if it
*does voting (Amazon style voting would be great).
*allows user submitted videos with effective admin moderation tools (this needs to be family safe).
*is really good at helping comments form into a conversation (moderating, voting, flagging, etc)
It’s fine if it
* hosts the videos on a third party or utilises video sharing sites someway.
* isn’t actually a WordPress plugin. We are not married to wordpress.
* is a combination of plugins.
* isn’t hosted by us.
* doesn’t give us complete look & feel control.
* costs some money/ isn’t open source .
I cannot use it if it
- inserts advertising (1).
- is unsafe for minors.
(1) At a glance it seemed like the Revver plugin (revver.com/go/wp/) does what I want, but it inserts ads.
(2) This is a non-profit project.
(3) This isn’t going to be Youtube. We will have a few dozen videos added gradually. The site will probably peek at under 100 videos.
- The topic ‘How to sert up a video-centric site’ is closed to new replies.