How-to: Publish a whole book on a blog?
My dear friends,
A small intro: I recently wrote quite an extensive paper about word of mouth marketing and business blogging. I’d like to share my findings with small and medium sized businesses in the Netherlands. I think a blog would be a great way to publish my writings, it could:
– provide me with a easy way to get feedback from readers
– give those busy readers a chance to read it part by part at times suitable for them
– draw attention and traffic through search engines and Technorati
Now, my paper is divided into 9 chapters, each chapter containing a number of subs.
Chapter 1 – Introduction
1.1 What is a blog
1.2 Basic layout
I’d like to add about a chapter a month to the blog, each month about 7 posts. I’ve already got the content, I’ll of course adjust parts of it to improve web readability but the outline is there. Basically the whole paper will be on there in 9 months.
However, I’m wondering how I should structure my blog, and if this type of website is really that suitable. Sure enough people will visit the blog when I’m already half way chapter 6, it wouldn’t make much sense for them to start following the blog at that time.
I could make categories similar like the Table of content of my paper and publish the posts in there. Clicking on a category would provide the reader with all the posts of that chapter, if I can order them chronologically they would follow the structure of my paper perfectly.
- Are there any ideas about a way to publish a whole book/paper on a blog, adding content regularly but making sure new visitors will have a way to easily start reading from the beginning as well?
- Is a blog a suitable way to publish this kind of content anyhow?
- Anyone got any examples of other blogs, leading the way?
Thank you all!
- The topic ‘How-to: Publish a whole book on a blog?’ is closed to new replies.