I’m running an eCommerce site using WooCommerce (v2.1.11). The site is in a constant cycle of evolution and I’m updating it on a weekly basis. The process I follow is:
1. Backup live site and deploy it to local dev server
2. Make all required changes to the site
3. Test site to ensure it all works
4. Up load dev site to live server
However, if the changes and modifications take a day or two to complete on the dev server, by the time I’m ready to deploy the site back to the live server, there can be as many as 100 new orders.
I can’t just replace the dev site database with the current live site database, as many of my changes will be overwritten.
How do I incorporate these new orders into my dev site (without affecting the changes I’ve made) before uploading the modified dev site back to the live server?
- The topic ‘How to preserve posts when updating the site’ is closed to new replies.