This plugin is really great, but it comes with a couple bugs.
Below I will walk you through how to make the plugin Great Again!
- removed the code “sync: 0,” on line 58 in ‘ticker.php’
- remove the end “,” on line 61 in ‘ticker.php’
- Updated the jQuery Cycle plugin (cycle.js) to their latest version http://jquery.malsup.com/cycle/
- Updated jQuery library to latest version http://jquery.com/
- add “ul#news-ticker” & “ul#news-ticker li” to your css
- that add “overflow:hidden”to the ul & li and “display:none” to just the li
- Once plugin is activated make sure you set the height in the plugin settings or it will brake
The rest of the formatting is up to you.
Step #2 is a fix for IE7
Step #6 is for IE7 & IE8
Should work in all browser after these quick fixes. Im going to package this up and try to submit a patch.
Want to thanks @darrenbond for posting his findings that lead me to fixing the rest.
- The topic ‘How to patch the news-ticker plugin’ is closed to new replies.