I am new to wordpress and am using the Vortex theme. I would like to move the “Leave a comment” from the header of the posts to the footer because I think I may get more comments if it’s at the end of my posts instead of at the top.
Can anyone tell me how to move it? I have no knowledge of coding and don’t want to mess this up!
The only way that you can move “Leave a comment” from above the posts to the footer of the posts, is to make some coding changes to a couple of theme template files from the WordPress Themes Editor. If you feel comfortable enough to follow these steps, try giving it a shot, but first take a backup of the files that the changes will be made to (see Step 1 below):
1. From your hosting control panel file manager, take a backup of the following theme template files (just in case something goes wrong in the steps that follow): wp-content/themes/vortex/content.php and wp-content/themes/vortex/content-single.php.
2. Create a child theme. See the following: Child Themes
3. From the WordPress Dashboard, go to Appearance -> Editor
4. Next, from the template file list on the right hand side of the theme editor, select the template file called content-single.php
5. Look for the following lines of code within the top section div class=”entry-meta”:
<?php echo vortex_post_date() . vortex_post_comments() . vortex_post_author() . vortex_post_sticky() . vortex_post_edit_link(); ?>
6. From the above lines of code, find and then move the following line enclosed in quotes “vortex_post_comments() .” to the bottom section of code within div class=”entry-meta-bottom”. It should end up looking something like this:
div class="entry-meta-bottom"> <?php echo vortex_post_category() . vortex_post_comments() . vortex_post_tags(); ?> </div><!-- .entry-meta -->
7. Click Update File to save the changes
8. Repeat steps 4 through 7 for the template file content.php.
If something goes wrong as you make the above changes, you can reupload the backups that you created, overwriting the modified files.
I forgot to mention the following:
After creating a child theme in step 2 above, copy the following theme template files: wp-content/themes/vortex/content.php and wp-content/themes/vortex/content-single.php to the wp-content/themes/vortex-child directory (or whatever you named the child directory), and then activate the child theme from the WordPress Dashboard. Those child theme versions of the 2 template files are what you will be making changes to. In order to ensure that, make sure that the Vortex Child is the theme selected in the ‘Select theme to edit:’ dropdown at the top right hand side of the theme editor.
- The topic ‘How to move comments from post header to footer (Vortex)?’ is closed to new replies.