There are entire books and websites dedicated to answering your questions. I'll try to be brief and concise on my feedback.
- 2000 views in 6 months is very low. It would be a challenge to earn an income based on that.
- Advertising does not always equate to more visitors.
- More visitors do not always equate to more conversions.
- If using a Google coupon, please ensure that you do not go over the limit or else it would cost you.
- What is your income strategy and what are your tactics? There are so many ways to earn money.
- Paying for advertising does not need until you can answer the previous question.
If monetizing is important to you, I would find a way to increase your number of visitors first. Generally, you'll need several hundred visitors per day at a minimum if you really want to earn an decent supplemental income.