WP Review is already an awesome plugin that fills a need that has been sorely missing from WordPress for a very long time. There are, however, some things you can change that will make it an utter powerhouse of a plugin that everyone will desire:
- Create an admin page that will allows users to apply Global changes.
- On that admin page allow users to create sets of criteria so they can be matched with different review categories.
- Add the ability to define the width of the insert and whether it floats left or right so that text flows around it.
- Get rid of the Summary since the review already provides all of the textual information the reader needs.
- Add the ability to define a custom image for defining badges such as Editor’s Choice or Year’s Worst, and tightly define the size limitations.
While there will still be some room for tweaking, these elements should deliver just about everything anyone running a WordPress reviews site could ever want. It’s clean, clear, and professional looking. It would also be nice to have a selection of color-matched themes to choose from instead of just inserting color pickers. There are lots of sources for color matched swatches.
I’m gladly using your excellent plugin now, but I really, really hope that you keep working on it. I’d even be happy to pay a small annual fee to help keep it up to date. Too many great ideas have fallen to the wayside leaving gaps in functionality that many site runners desire. Please don’t be one of them.
- The topic ‘How To Make WP Review Perfect’ is closed to new replies.