I am developing a multi-user network site on WordPress 3.0 using a whole bunch of plugins.
I've found a number of plugin-based ways of creating custom content and custom taxonomies, and in my own dashboard I can now create a new "event" for example (in addition to a new post or a new page).
I want my users to be able to log into their own dashboard, and be able to create an "event" too, with custom fields and taxonomies defined by me (like a template?) but when I test this the custom content types I have created in my administrator dashboard are not available to other users (multi user).
I'm not a developer, but I reckon there's a problem with WHERE I'm creating this custom content. Could anyone give me some help please?
The end outcome I'm trying to achieve is for advertisers to:
- Sign up for their own subdomain on my site
- Create or complete "About Us" style pages to replicate the static page-based content on their own websites
- Add custom content that I have defined, with custom fields and custom taxonomies for each (also set up by me), that I will then pull together on the index pages of the main site including "/events", "/jobs", "/directory listings" or "/news" for example
So what I'm aiming at (I think) is for:
1. Custom content options created by me to be viewable/createable from all my users' dashboards
2. When they select a custom content they then complete a template for each which includes the custom fields and taxonomies that I have defined for that particular content type
I think that I could also possibly (?) achieve the same result using Post templates rather than custom content, if you know of a better fix in this way and can give me any pointers please shout!
Sorry this is a bit long, I'm not a developer so just trying to give you a full idea of the situation in case I'm trying to fix the wrong problem!