You can, but you'll have to do some rigging as GDE doesn't have the UI to help you with this. I would suggest steps something like this:
1) Embed the document on a test page using the max-doc-security profile (profile 2) assuming you haven't modified it in a way that makes it not secure.
2) View that page in your browser (preview in draft mode if you like)
3) View the source of the resulting page in your browser, and search for "gde" to find the
iframe tag containing your embedded document.
4) Copy the value of the iframe's
src= attribute (by default this will point to a "tinyurl" that links to the secure version of your document)
5) Link your selected text elsewhere to this URL as normal.
Essentially you have to embed the document normally first so GDE generates the secure link, view the page source to retrieve that secure link, then use that link on your new page. Because it's a direct link to the doc and not an iframe anymore, it will load full screen. If you want it to open in a new window, use basic html (set
target="_blank" on your link).