how to fix SQL syntax error during db backup restore
In trying to fix the problem with unwanted characters like Â showing up in my posts, I tried many fixes, including one too many. I used the Search and Replace plugin, which isn’t tested for this 3.1.3 (bad-bad me), without really having any idea what I was doing. The stray characters disappeared. But a large number of internal links in my blogacquired year/month/day inserts in their permalinks that, of course, screwed things right up. (In other words, permalinks that used to be savoringky.com/wordpress/116sungold turned into savoringky.com/wordpress/2010/07/03/116sungold)
I had backed up my db and files.
I have tried to restore to the backed up db, reasoning that I’d rather have stray characters than broken links. I have no db knowledge at all. I have tried to follow these instructions in the Codex for restoring a db from backup, but I have a radically different version of phpMyAdmin (22.214.171.124 instead of 126.96.36.199) on linux.
Tried it anyway. I got an error message, below, AND I have the stray characters back. Best of both worlds.
I need help addressing the SQL error, I think as the starting point, since I have hope that if I can fully restore the backed up db, at my internal link problem will be corrected.
# Data contents of table
VALUES ( 1, ‘2011-02-16 12:49:03’, ‘/wordpress/2010/08/07/116summersquash/’, ”, ‘facebookexternalhit/1.1 (+http://www.facebook.com/externalhit_uatext.php)’, ”, , ‘188.8.131.52’, 3, ) ;
#1064 – You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘ ‘184.108.40.206’, 3, )’ at line 5
- The topic ‘how to fix SQL syntax error during db backup restore’ is closed to new replies.