How to Finish the Website?
I am new to this forum so I hope that this is the right place to ask this. I have a website and have been working on it for over a year trying to figure out how to get this website up and running but can’t figure out how to do so. I am needing help from professionals on how to help me with building this website.
The website is on WordPress and I am currently using Elegant Themes (Boutique) and eshop. I am not a fan of the theme so that will have to change, that being said, eshop will also disappear.
Here is what I am currently needing to know how to do on my website:
* Install shopping cart (I’m needing a shopping cart that can do everything with including taking percentages off orders, coupon codes, etc)
* Install PayPal (customers will pay through PayPal)
* Order online (The website needs to be setup to where my customers can order online through the website. I’m also needing to install “cancelled order”, “checkout”, “thank you for your order”, etc)
* Slogan under logo (I have a slogan that needs to be put under the logo on the website)
* Adding pictures (I’ve tried to add pictures of the sizes recommended but the pictures added are still very large and if I try to “save changes”, it doesn’t save changes or make any difference to the photos added)
* Picture slideshow (The theme I am currently using has a slideshow installed into the website, is there anyway to remove this slideshow?)
* Pricing (How do I add the price of the specific item on the specific item’s page?)
* Description (How can I add a description of the specific product if the theme that is currently being used squishes it all into one sentence? The ingredients of the products are squished in with the description of the product. It won’t allow me to change)
* Product pages (The specific page for the products is very bland and also includes two pictures of the same picture. How do I change the products page and delete the second photo?)
* Testimonial gallery (I am wanting my customers to leave a photo and testimonial of the products on the website on the “Testimonials” page. How do I make a photo gallery with written testimonials? How do I monitor added testimonials? I want to review them before posted)
* Pages for products (How do I make separate pages for separate products? I have a “products” page which someone else made for me but I am wanting to have treats under “treats”, shampoos under “shampoos”, foods under “foods”, etc).
* If you search the name of the website, the name “Uncategorized” appears as the website’s name when it’s not and under the name of the website, it says “A description for this result is not available because of the site’s robots.txt – learn more”. I have no idea what this means and I read what was said on the “learn more” webpage and didn’t understand most of what was said. I have no idea what robots.txt is and would love if when the name was searched that the name of the business would appear and have a description of the website.
I hope all of this makes sense. If you do not understand what I may be saying, I can link the website if that may help with anything so that you can take a look at it to understand what I am saying and to also look at it if you have any recommendations on what should be done to it.
- The topic ‘How to Finish the Website?’ is closed to new replies.