How to ‘decode’ any encrypted theme without messing with decoder
I noticed there was a really long thread on the matter and figured I should make one myself since I’m honestly surprised at how few people know of this, it’s a flawless method and will work in any theme you’re ever going to come across.
One thing I don’t understand about encrypting parts of themes is that they tend to come with warnings stating it is protected by copyright law and reverse engineering or decoding them would be in violation of said law, when in fact everytime you load the theme you are ‘decoding’ it.
So to decode themes here’s what you do:
1) Install the theme
2) Add php comments to the first and last line of any block of encrypted code in the theme editor
3) Load up your wordpress page
4) right click -> view source
5) see where your begin/end comments have been inserted
6) Copy + paste all HTML code between the comments over the encrypted code in the theme editor
7) You’re done.
Usually you don’t even have to do most of the steps since you’ll be smart enough to know which parts are encrypted so you can just view source then copy+paste in the appropriate area.
Hope this helps you guys 🙂
- The topic ‘How to ‘decode’ any encrypted theme without messing with decoder’ is closed to new replies.