First, create both the name page and the bio pages for each person. Save them as drafts until you're ready to publish.
If you didn't already plan to do so, you may want to have a main parent page called "Biographies" (or whatever you choose as the title). Make each person's page a subpage to "Biographies."
On the page with the names, do the following:
- Make sure your Screen Options are on (button at top-right corner of page).
- Highlight a name that you want to have linked to his/her description page.
- Click on the link icon that is located on the toolbar above the content section (about 10 buttons from the left, first row).
- A box will appear. Type in your website's url with the title to the page you want to link to (example: http://www.scholar48/biographies/jane_doe
- You can set up your Target, Title and Class as you see fit.
- Click insert.
This should set you up for what you need. Good luck!