I’ve searched around and tried things, had a look at a few tutorials, but I’m afraid I’m confused.
What I want to do on my page project22:
- create a Custom Post Type (CPT) called ‘project’
- I spontaneously want to be able to create a new project, just like a post.
- Then I want to be able to create posts and choose whether it belongs to any of the created ‘projects’ or whether it is a normal post.
- next: I want my main ‘stream’ of posts to contain all types of posts: projects, posts and posts that belong to any project
- there will be one page/view that lists all active ‘projects’, maybe with a number stating the amount of posts belonging to that project
- on the single page of any project I want to display the ‘project’ post (and all related information+++) on top and the list of posts below, that belong to this specific project.
I hope you can see, what I want do. I’m excited about Custom Post Types, but confused about all the options, like Portfolios, Custom Taxonomies, Categories, Post Types etc.
And I haven’t yet found, what totally covers my needs .. i.e. Categories.
So, can you someone help me out a little, how to start this, where and what to look for?
THANKS very much!!!
- The topic ‘How to create and display children posts to custom 'project' post type projects?’ is closed to new replies.